Landlords service options and fees
We offer a two tier lettings service to our landlords: Find a Tenant only or Fully Managed (in all cases if we fail to find a tenant there is NO FEE)
Find a tenant only
Under these instructions from the client we would simply find a tenant and provide a professional service up to the point of the tenants moving into the property, thereafter the landlord would assume the management of the tenancy, including complying with all current and future legislation and annual safety certification. Our fees would amount to 12% including VAT of the first 6 months rent or £660 including VAT, whichever is the greater. In addition we make a one off charge at the commencement of the tenancy of £180 inc VAT to cover the future cost of the tenant check out and liaising between the landlord, tenant and the TDS. We can then take the property back to market to find fresh tenants on the same basis. Please see details of what ourFind a Tenant only service option provides below.
Find a Tenant Only service includes;
- Market appraisal and pre-letting advice
- Photographs and floorplans
- Inclusion on this web site, Rightmove and Onthemarket
- Staff attended viewings
- Third party referencing of applicants
- Third party referencing of guarantor (if required)
- Instruction of pre-tenancy interior clean, carpet clean and oven clean (on behalf of landlord)
- Arrange the preparation of inventory by professional independent inventory clerk (on behalf of the landlord)
- Preparation of tenancy agreements. Preparation of Right to Rent document. Preparation of TDS document.
- Reading of meters and informing utility companies and local authority (not telecoms)
- Arranging of check with both tenant and inventory clerk
- Acceptance of security deposit from tenants, equivalent to 1.5 months rent, held in our government approved and insurance backed TDS (Tenants Deposit Scheme). 2 months rent as deposit if the landlord agrees to a pet or pets at the property
- Acceptance of first months rent from the tenants, which we pass onto the landlords nominated bank account, less our agreed fees and any disbursements.
As the name suggests this option provides our landlords with the most comprehensive service in the letting and management of their investment. Our fees would amount to 15% including VAT of the monthly rent received on a month by month basis. Please see details of what our Fully Managed service option provides below.
Fully Managed services (includes);
All of the provisions set out in out Find a Tenant only service PLUS;
- We become the first point of contact for the tenant.
- Provision of professional independent inventory report
- Initial inspection after 3 months, plus written report to landlord
- Regular subsequent inspections 6 monthly thereafter throughout the term with written report to landlord
- Gas safety certification. We also advise on electrical safety and smoke/CO2 alarm safety
- Renewal discussions with the tenants 6 weeks before the end of the term
- Day to day maintenance and management of the tenancy
- Rent collection, payment of disbursements, monthly statement.
- Annual statement for HMRC returns (by request only)
- Serving of statutory Section 21 notices on the tenants
- Providing the inventory clerk check out at the end of the tenancy
- Handle the return of the security deposit and liaising with the TDS where necessary.
Should the landlord withdraw from a letting, following successful referencing of a suitable tenant, then we would raise an invoice to cover our out of pocket expenses of £300 incl VAT.